Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs numbering - Floor drawings with sectioned stairs (only visible steps)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
M_Perez
1564 Views, 8 Replies

Stairs numbering - Floor drawings with sectioned stairs (only visible steps)

I have a stair that goes several floors up, and I want to number it (from 1 to n for each floor).

Given that in each floor plan I see half of the lower stair and half of the upper stair and that the lower floor is higher and the stair has 2 more steps.

How can I have just the visible steps tagged?

I have just the visible steps from the lower stair, but all of the upper stair. How can I get rid off the ones in the red mark?

Stairs.png

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: M_Perez

@M_Perez wrote:

How can I get rid off the ones in the red mark?

You can't.  

Message 3 of 9
aRcHiTeCt.JM

.... masking ??

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 4 of 9
M_Perez
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

I tried to mask them, but the mask affects the steps too. Do I have to create a contour for each number? (even if they are the same mask region) It is like plotting and then using Tippex... :( 

In that case I find writing them manually safer and more or less the same effort. 

How is it that Revit recognise the stairs coming from below (there works it perfectly) and not the ones the going up?

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

You can create a line based Detail family and a nested Generic annotation family with a label.  Use a formula to append the number in the label so that it keeps adding 1 to the first number you enter when you dragging the length of the line based family.

Message 6 of 9
M_Perez
in reply to: ToanDN

I guess there is no better solution. Thank you all!

Message 7 of 9
aRcHiTeCt.JM

@M_Perez wrote:

I tried to mask them, but the mask affects the steps too. Do I have to create a contour for each number? (even if they are the same mask region) It is like plotting and then using Tippex... :( 

In that case I find writing them manually safer and more or less the same effort. 

How is it that Revit recognise the stairs coming from below (there works it perfectly) and not the ones the going up?

... sorry @M_Perez ... we tried but REVIT sometimes is just like that...

... as you said:  writing them manually

... or masking them one by one..

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi @ToanDN
Can you please explain how to use a formula to append the number in the label on the arrayed Generic Annotation (the number)?

Unfortunately, once you array the GA (number), the value can't be set for each of the numbers.  

See attached image below:

Capture1.JPG

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is the setting of my family, it works pretty well. The only 'con' is that you need to estimate the maximum number of steps of each flight, normally it should be less than 15.

nguyenthixuanlam2010_0-1617873480950.png

nguyenthixuanlam2010_2-1617873953673.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report