Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Stringer Position

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PhilvK
4763 Views, 3 Replies

Stair Stringer Position

What controls the vertical position of a stringer on stairs? I am changing my stringers to C-channels, but the channels are ending up lower than the nosings of the treads. I’ve done it correctly about a year ago, but can’t seem to duplicate it. I’ve tried changing the ‘structural depth on run” and get the channel a little higher if I set it to ‘0’, but would like more.

I also want to extend the stringer 2” past the lower most tread. Does the stair have to be created in Sketch Mode initially to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: PhilvK

Go into the Stringer Type Properties...you can specify the  Structural Depth On Run and the Structural Depth On Landing

As for it extending out, it may automatically do that when you change the above settings...

Message 3 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: PhilvK

Same I would tab select the stringer and edit it's type parameters...But for the extension of the Stringer 2" past lower tread, it will only be limited to the 3 constraints for the lower end cut...(In properties palette)

When it is set to vertical or perpendicular it will always end at the Treads end. I usually do this

1. Add an extra extension modeled separately
  2. OR after I am done with the stairs and know that it's going for execution...I convert it into a geometry/generic model or mass the edit the extrusion of the stringer's profile (or just grab the shape handle and stretch it out)

S1.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What dimension is the structural Depth on Run... Where is it to and from? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report