Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Nosing & Riser Ag

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Jessicas
725 Views, 7 Replies

Stair Nosing & Riser Ag

HI All, 

We've come across a project thats requiring the stairs to have an angled nosing, and the riser is also to be angled, but we also need 1" from the tip of the nosing to the riser underneath. Revit seems incapable of achieving all of this and looking correct (but I'm no stair expert) 

I've managed to get the tread/nosing and riser to look almost correct, but now the back of the tread isnt connecting with the riser, and the stringer/carriage doesnt follow the riser either. 

I've attached my sample stairs in a new project, and an image of the issue highlighted.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Jessicas

ToanDN_0-1626291704178.png

Message 3 of 8
Jessicas
in reply to: ToanDN

😊Well then, thank you very much for that... That was a simple fix 😳

Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

Didn't you say that you needed 1" of nosing + 1" inch more from the slanting angle of the riser, that's 2". No? Why is it 1 13/16" ?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
Jessicas
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That may be, but at least I can fix it now. Maybe it means I need to do a little adjusting on the new profiles I made for the stairs, but this will do for our preliminary views.

Message 6 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

If the dimensions need to be precise, 1" of nosing + 1" more for the slanted riser, consider these settings:

2021-07-14_16-19-58.gif

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Edit: didn't see @Alfredo_Medina post carefully, which already showed the same settings.

@Jessicas 

Actually you don't need any custom tread and riser profiles, just a nosing profile.

ToanDN_0-1626295722163.png

Message 8 of 8
Jessicas
in reply to: ToanDN

Huh... curious. I was trying to do it without custom profiles originally, but I couldnt seem to get the nosing to protrude the 1" without it. Anytime I selected the slanted riser option the tread and riser angled but stayed flush. 

Maybe I'll try again in a new drawing to see if I can duplicate the stairs. 

Thanks for your help guys. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators