Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Family

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrysaJT3MN
318 Views, 4 Replies

Stair Family

Hi All,

I need some help with these stairs. They're custom, and when I draw them in Revit it creates a little step at the underside as shown in the photo. As a result I can not use the underside of the stairs as a path for railings or the wall below the stairs. I've tried to split the stair into 3 different ones but doesn't work. Any idea on how to draw it?

Many Thanks,

C

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: chrysaJT3MN

Post the RVT.

Message 3 of 5
chrysaJT3MN
in reply to: barthbradley

See below

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: chrysaJT3MN

Are you referring to the underside of the stairs?  You want it to be smooth as a baby's butt, don't you?  You can't get there with any setting in the Stair Type, if that's what you want to confirm. 

Message 5 of 5
chrysaJT3MN
in reply to: barthbradley

yes this is what I want. This small steps on the underside prevents me from creating the hand railing as the path for the sweep is not continuous. Very annoying. Any suggestion to make it work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report