Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Slope unit format question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
james
272 Views, 5 Replies

Spot Slope unit format question

I need my spot slopes to show "1H" over "xV" with each number on each side of the triangle.  Can't see a way to add separate suffixes to the horizontal and vertical values.  

I'd even settle for a simple 1 over x, but don't see any way to do that either.  I can get 10 or 12 over x with the Ratio :10 or 12 unit style.  Not sure why the Ratio :1 style doesn't follow the same format and just reports a lonely single "1" by itself.  

So annoying and stupid Autodesk makes it so hard to format basic things like this.  Principals are getting really tired of it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: james

Not sure if you ever switch the arrow to triangle?

syman2000_0-1694627798538.png

Here you can set whatever unit you want to display

syman2000_1-1694627855680.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 6
james

Did you see my attachment with the slope triangle?  None of the unit formats reports a 1 on the vertical leg and a 1 on the horizontal.  

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

Does x:10 or x:100 work?

ToanDN_0-1694628198331.png

ToanDN_0-1694628286588.png

Message 5 of 6
james
in reply to: ToanDN

No, the architectural standard is to show a ratio of vertical to horizontal.  "1H:1V" for 12:12 or "1.3:1V" for 16:12, for example.  

How can I tell revit to simply put a "1" on the vertical leg and report a decimal on the bottom?  

Message 6 of 6
jay_colcombe

I do not feel this is achievable in Revit directly as trying to use Alternate Units as a workaround to force another Ratio Value in will not work either.

I would suggest in this instance you would need to create your own Tag/Symbol using an Annotation Symbol and add some Text in there and possibly even Parameter driven if necessary to replicate the image as initially shown.

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators