Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO SICK OF COLUMNS NOT ATTACHING!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Base12
293 Views, 4 Replies

SO SICK OF COLUMNS NOT ATTACHING!!

How, still, years and years later in 2024 does this STILL NOT WORK?

2024-07-23 17_56_59-Autodesk Revit 2024.jpg

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: SO F'ING SICK OF COLUMNS NOT ATTACHING!!]

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Base12

share this portion in a file so we can check?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

Are you by chance trying to attach a nested column within a column family? 

Message 4 of 5
Base12

They're just basic, out of the box columns and beams.  Not nested or anything.  It does it to me all the time and regardless of the type of column/beam whenever I try to adjust either column or a beam within proximity of another one they go bonkers and will not behave.  Is there anyway to have "Disallow Join" be the default condition *before* beginning to draw a beam, etc? so that I don't have to dick around with manually disallowing every end of every beam from joining?  I get so frustrated with this stupid software being so fiddly to just do basic stuff.

Message 5 of 5
SteveKStafford

Given your attached image, mind describing what steps you took/take to create them? Columns first, beams from column to column? Beam first then columns? Model in 3D view or plan view(s)?

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report