Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaps on a slope.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ron
Contributor
359 Views, 6 Replies

Snaps on a slope.

Hi,

My question might not even be specifically snaps but I'm trying to create a ceiling plan (RCP) with can lights and the ceiling is on a slope.  I've created both some detail lines and some reference planes in plan view (ceiling plan view) to be able to snap to but on the angle, the can lights (or any lights) will not snap to the references I've created.  I tried aligning a view to the ceiling plane and that is a disaster because unlike an RCP, it's a true upside down view so it is mirrored from plan view.  AND...I can't draw any lines or reference planes in that view.  So...I'm not even sure what the point of aligning to a plane is.  So, yeah, like I said...not sure if this is a snaps question or a working-on-a-slope issue.  But I need some help.  Specifically in this case, I would like to layout so lines in plan and be able to align items on a sloped ceiling to them.

Thanks!

Ron

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: ron

You need CEILING-HOSTED, FACE-HOSTED or WORK PLANE-BASED components.  Sounds like your cans are hosted to Level. Also, if the Family has an ALWAY VERTICAL property, UNCHECK it.   

...maybe I misread you. Are you saying you cannot align the light fixture to Ref. Planes in Ceiling Plan View of Sloped Ceiling?

Recessed Can Sloped Ceiling.png  

How about in Elevation?

Can in Sloped Ceiling Elevation.png

Message 3 of 7
ron
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I think I'm having a Ron vs Revit issue.  So...I can get the items to lock to the RP but it is frustrating that I can't get them to insert based on the planes or detail lines.  It is such a wasted step to insert it "near" where I need it and then have to drag most lights to the planes.  I don't understand why it won't "snap" to the reference when you are placing it.

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

Place lights on the ceiling first, then move / align them to your guide.

Message 5 of 7
ron
Contributor

I'm figuring out that some of this is specific to a fixture family I created.  I was trying to create a family, that when placed on a slope, will still show a symbol correctly.  So...I have some work to do.

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

The Family's Symbolic (2D) Representation won't display in RCP View if Family is on a Sloped Ceiling.  FWIW.  

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

Create a light fixture tag with the symbol and tag lights on sloped surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report