Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped curved roof in Revit 2016

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
btobias
1244 Views, 1 Reply

Sloped curved roof in Revit 2016

Hello, I am trying to create a curved roof that slopes in 2 directions.  The structural engineers have already designed the framing for this roof so I should be able to get the slope from that.  I'm fairly new to this, can someone help as to how I can create the curved roof, then align it to the slope of the beams in the linked Structural model(or vice versa)?  Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ToanDN
in reply to: btobias

1. If you are not sure if the roof is flat or warped, you could create an in-place mass using the edges of the structure as reference. Then, create a roof by face from the mass.

2. If you are sure the roof is flat, you could create a regular roof by sketching the boundary, then draw the slope arrow at each edge to match the slope from structure.

By the way, if a roof is flat, which I think yours is, then it technically slopes in one direction. You see different slopes on different edges because they are not parallel to each other.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators