Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Designer 2018 installed within Revit 2017. Can't import LandXML files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
232 Views, 2 Replies

Site Designer 2018 installed within Revit 2017. Can't import LandXML files

I exported a LandXML surface file from Civil 3D, but kept getting error messages that I couldn't import the file using Site Designer. Abandoning that, I used the Massing/Site tools to create an initial toposurface and then went into Site Designer to treat it as the existing surface, and SD making a new one for the proposed work. Again, I ran into issues, but this time it was telling me that the file version was not supported. Under SD > About, it showed me that somehow SD 2018 was installed, when it should be SD 2017. How do I delete SD 2018 from Revit 2017 only (keeping it for Revit 2018) and reinstall SD 2017 into Revit 2017? I've seen posts about the SW.ini file incorrectly mapping to 2015, but I have not looked to see if that was the problem here.Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Apparently the solution is to download the extract the ZIP file posted here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I got some help from Autodesk Customer Support. The issue began after an install of Revit 2019. Other users (who weren't using Site Designer) also had the 2018 version installed for all versions of Revit. The solution is to move the Autodesk.SiteDesignerExtension.addin file out of C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2017 folder and then reinstall Autodesk Revit Site Designer Extension 2017  from either the Control Panel or the installers.

The actual SiteDesigner.dll file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk that is referenced in both 2017 and 2018 Addins folder is version 18.1.0.31.

We need to adjust the path of the 2017 addin file to point to a 2017 SD version. The 2018 path and file work as expected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report