Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sill wall wrapping on plans

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
f.marrese.t
338 Views, 4 Replies

Sill wall wrapping on plans

Hi there!

Im modeling some windows for my project and i've found a little trouble with the wrapping of the wall when inserting the window in it on the plan view.

I'm currently working with a red hatch finish in the wall, so when i inset the window in the wall in a plan view, i need the sill (and the head) of the window to show with that finish, but i've not been able to handle the wall wrapping in sills and heads of any windows.

In te same project, i made a non rectangular window, and somehow the projection of the sill was actually showing the correct wrapping arround the sill, but i couldn't understand why.

I hope you can help me here!

Thanks.

Sorry for my english*

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: f.marrese.t

Two methods for Wall Wrapping at Head and Sill:

1. Model the Geometry (e.g. Wall Layers)  

2. Use the Paint tool (Modify tab) to apply a Material to the Sill/Head.  

Message 3 of 5
f.marrese.t
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for the quick answer, both solutions are good, but i still dont understand why can i see the wall wrapping the sill of the non rectangular window.

Hope someone could explain me a little bit more how thas this work.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: f.marrese.t

Say what? Wrapping the Sill? I got to see this. Can you post the Window Family? 

Message 5 of 5
f.marrese.t
in reply to: barthbradley

This is the window family i've been using. As you can see in the pictures, since the windows has a non rectangular shape, yo can see how the sloped frame in the bottom part actually wrapping as is should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report