Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show only vertical pipe,ducts and cable tray on floor plan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
amir.aroesti
1804 Views, 7 Replies

show only vertical pipe,ducts and cable tray on floor plan

hello everyone.

i try to fix some visual problems in my plan.

im working on Arc model that all other MEP models are added by link.

the problem is the due to the view range of the floor plan all the horizontal pipe and duct are shown at the view. (SEE PIC 1).

trying to found out good solution. right now i ask all my MEP consultants to create a special view that contain only the vertical pipe and duct by creating very small view cut view range and than i add the plan view "as link" and not "by host". (SEE PIC 2)

the issue is that i dont wanna see horizontal pipe and duct , for that there is a MEP Plan. i see only vertical element . 

i dont like this solution because i dont like to ask people to do thing only for my uses.

hope i was clear.

1.png2.png 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbcarch
in reply to: amir.aroesti

Try using a Plan Region to control the View Range specifically in a partial area of the floor plan.

View tab>Plan Views>Plan Region

Draw Plan Region, adjust View Range to display only pipes cut in plan, etc.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 8
barthbradley

...perhaps a filter and filter rule to identify those horizontal elements in the view? 

Message 4 of 8
amir.aroesti
in reply to: cbcarch

@cbcarch thnx

not a good idea for me, that mean i have to create more the 20 plan region for this plan.

i have more the 20 plans.

@barthbradley

yea, i think about it to...it try to find all those pipe and ducts by looking for parameter slope (for example slop that big then 10%) but unfortunately slope doesnt exist at the filter role. 

Message 5 of 8
amir.aroesti

why is the parameter "slope" unavailable at "filter" screen?

Am I the only one who wants to show vertical element at the plan?

can someone share with me an example of architecture plan?

Message 6 of 8
cbcarch

If we want to show vertical pipes cut in plan, but not the upper part of the pipe, we use a Plan Region and adjust the cut plane. We typically do not show piping in Arch. plans, so we don't need to do this very often.

If you have more than 20 views, can you just adjust the View Range in all of them? ( no Plan Region )

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 8
amir.aroesti
in reply to: cbcarch

@cbcarch thnx for reply.

plan region is not a good idea because I need to create a plan region for all over the pipe route. 

changing the view range of all the floor plan is also not a good idea to me because i need the view range as is.

@cbcarch do you show *only* architecture element at your floor plan? 

Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem, were you able to find a solution? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report