Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet default white color change to desired color

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
indiankaa922
587 Views, 7 Replies

Sheet default white color change to desired color

Hi All,

Is there a way to set the sheet background color to not be white? I tried to edit the family and add the solid filled region - it works for the titleblock but the drawings that are placed on the sheet are covered by it. I know that there is a way to work around Revit not allowing to place regions on sheets (not in the family), but I would like to not have to repeat the process manualy since there's going to be a lot of sheets in the project. 

TO CLARIFY: I want to change the sheet, so when I print the documentation the paper color is not white, but in color - for example in green like shown in the attachment. So it's not the workspace I want to change, but the 'paper' color of documentation.

Maybe you are aware of some tricks of how to set the sheets background to be coloured?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello,

File - Options - Color - Background you can set it to the colour you want. 

Message 3 of 8

You also have the Canvas tool to change the background to Black

revit sheet canvas.png

Message 4 of 8
indiankaa922
in reply to: indiankaa922

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I guess I structured the question the wrong way 😉 I want to change the sheet, so when I print the documentation the paper color is not white, but in color - for example in green like shown in the attachment. So it's not the workspace I want to change, but the 'paper' color for documentation.

Anyone has any tips?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
Mike.FORM

There is no way to do what you are after in Revit. Even when doing the workaround and getting a filled region on a sheet it still covers the views even when masking is turned off in the filled region.

You can override the graphics and change transparency but then everything is washed out with that colour.

Best option is to get a roll of paper in the colour you want and print on that.

Would be a lot cheaper than printing all that green to cover every sheet.

Message 6 of 8
indiankaa922
in reply to: Mike.FORM

I meant printing to PDF, not physically 🙂

Thank you very much for replying - you answered my question. I was hoping that there might be a workaround 🙂

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
Mike.FORM

Actually I did figure something out.

You can make a 1:1 Legend that has a filled region in it the size of your sheet and place it on you sheet. You will have to nudge it to get it to line up correctly but once you have it where you want you can copy paste it aligned to all other sheets.

The one trick is the legend has to be on the sheet before anything else. Then if you select the legend and hide it in view it will become unselectable but remain visible so you are not accidentally selecting it or entering into the view.

Here is a mockup showing the yellow legend. The first View was placed after the legend, the other 2 views were on the sheet before.

MikeFORM_0-1708017233573.png

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN

Place an image with a solid color in the titleblock family and set it to background.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report