Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Area Calculation between projects

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
loriGZUVH
269 Views, 2 Replies

Sharing Area Calculation between projects

Hi,

I have  a site plan Revit file that I have linked multiple building Revit files into. There are 4 different building types that are duplicated multiple times on the site. I would like to calculate the areas of the buildings in each buildings Revit file and then be able to share that area into the site plan Revit file area schedules. Eg. Have the footprint and amenity space areas taken from each linked file and then in then have a schedule showing the total of all the areas for all the buildings in the site plan Revit file.

Is this possible? I have tried setting up shared parameters however I can't seem to get that to work. I set up a shared parameter, then add it to the project parameters. It shows up in the schedules but shows up empty.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TripleM-Dev.net
in reply to: loriGZUVH

You mean Areaplans?

Certainly, make sure that the same areaplan type exist in all models (transfer project standards)

Then create a Area schedule type and check "include elements in links".

- Michel

Message 3 of 3
syman2000
in reply to: loriGZUVH

You can grab area from links. All you need to do is to check on Include element from links

link 1.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report