Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow bug in Plans

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mahyarSOORANI
247 Views, 4 Replies

Shadow bug in Plans

when i activate the shadows i see the shadows of the door frames which i dont must see them

i attached the v24. file too

how can i remove the ? i changed the view range and sun setting but it wasn't fixed

Screenshot 2024-05-16 102414.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I would say this is a Bug as it appears to work for all other Graphic Display Option with Textures being fine and the closest comparison 

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 5

The shadow is being cast because the view range of the floor plan cuts through the doors. You can try adjusting your sun settings so that the shadows align at a 45-degree angle. This way, the door frames won't be visible in the shadow.

vitorbortoncello_0-1715859630201.png

Did you like the post? Don't forget to Like and mark Accept as Solution.

Message 4 of 5

Hi @mahyarSOORANI,

It's not a bug, seems to be the stock door family?

They have filled regions in them as frame, that's what you're seeing. The filled regions are in all three detail levels so you can't get rid of them without editing the family. (turning the detail item category off in the view doesn't solve it either)

Edit the Door family and edit the filled region detail levels so that there's one level that doesn't have any filled regions and set you're floorplan to that level.

Also the door leaf isn't throwing a shadow (and floor section for that!), because the door geometry is turned off in 2D floorplan view.

Another option (without editing the family) is to use a 3D view and orient it to the floorplan, but you won't see any of the 2D elements.

- Michel

Message 5 of 5

Thanks . I Understood but the regens must be remove that the Appearance will be ugly . i Think i should use the other Family door.

Anyway, thanks

Screenshot 2024-05-20 094839.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators