Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections not showing up on my elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
daltoncrane
7516 Views, 4 Replies

Sections not showing up on my elevations

I am making shop drawings on a model that was given to me by the main architect on the job. On my elevation sheets, his sections show up. When I add a section to the elevation, however, it will not show up. The view is created, but it's reference does not show up on the elevation. Super aggravating. Help?

The picture is the section view on the left, and the elevation on the right with highlighting where the section should show.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_Knight
in reply to: daltoncrane

couple things to check:

1. make sure sections are on in the elevations using the command VG
  2. make sure it's not some how turned off (use the light bulb at the bottom)
  3. make sure the section is in the view range of the elevation.  if the section never cuts into the elevation view depth, it would never show up
  4. make sure your new section isnt set to hide at scales "coarser than XYZ" where XYZ is a scale that is larger than your current scale.

Message 3 of 5

Verify the interaction of the Depth Clipping of Elevation and the Section area width . Could be here your problem..

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/5d75ca0c-6e41-4339-b7a2-566b523d109d

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

And last, but not least, check the filters applied to either the view, or if the view uses a view template, within the view template.  We use filters to turn off different types of callouts (annotation, working, and presentation), so that could be the problem.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 5
daltoncrane
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks everyone. The problem is within the actual panel itself. The manufacturer is working on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report