Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
pablo39YT3
970 Views, 29 Replies

Schedules

hi. 

I need the column Set 1 and Set 2 to be on a 3rd column.

and then that 3rd column to be subtracted from the Pairs target Column but not by Row instead it would be by highlighted section of rows. 

e.g. the total highlighted for Mens department 3502 + 99 = X -  1000 = ?

pablo39YT3_3-1639761547179.png

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
barthbradley
in reply to: pablo39YT3

Are you asking how to write a Calculated Parameter Formula to do this?  

Calculated Values | Revit 2020 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 3 of 30
pablo39YT3
in reply to: barthbradley

yeah, Whatever works.
Cheers Bro
Message 4 of 30
barthbradley

@pablo39YT3 wrote:
yeah, Whatever works.
Cheers Bro

Is that all you needed, Bro? 

Message 5 of 30
pablo39YT3

Well this doesn't really answers the question.
I have added some possible calculated parameters, but they aren't really working.
what would you suggest?
Message 6 of 30
ToanDN

@pablo39YT3 wrote:

hi. 

I need the column Set 1 and Set 2 to be on a 3rd column.

and then that 3rd column to be subtracted from the Pairs target Column but not by Row instead it would be by highlighted section of rows. 

e.g. the total highlighted for Mens department 3502 + 99 = X -  1000 = ?

- add a Yes No parameter (A) to the schedule, tick box for rows you highlighted, untick for boxes not highlighted

- create a calculated value parameter (3rd column) with the formula: if (A, Pair Target - Set 1 - Set 2, Set 1 + Set 2)

Message 7 of 30
barthbradley

@pablo39YT3 wrote:
Well this doesn't really answers the question.
I have added some possible calculated parameters, but they aren't really working.
what would you suggest?

Well, let's stick with it and get it resolved for you then.  You say "they aren't really working" - they being the Calculated Parameters. Right?  Are you getting an error?  How are they not working exactly? 

...you can post your file for us to look at if that makes it easier. 

Message 8 of 30
pablo39YT3

I have done ? Set 1 + Set 2 and it returns Blank,
Message 9 of 30
barthbradley

Units the same?  Same Types? 

Message 10 of 30
pablo39YT3

if you mean by units the same, are the values "Numbers" Yes, is that what you mean with units?
Message 11 of 30
pablo39YT3
in reply to: ToanDN

I'm not sure that a Yes/No will work as this schedules can get up to hundreds of rows and we need to be more efficient time wise, but that is a cool suggestion, any other ideas?
Message 12 of 30
barthbradley

Is this what you want? 

CP112.pngCP212.png

Message 13 of 30
pablo39YT3

I know how to do that, if you go back to my post, the "S" Column is empty and it has that parameter, the Set 1 Column has no value to add to on the Set 2 Column the return is empty.
maybe if you have a second read of my post it would be clearer. What I need is a bit more complicated than that.
Message 14 of 30
barthbradley

CP312.png

What value should the Column read if the Row's Y/N is unchecked? 0?  

Message 15 of 30
pablo39YT3

it can't be Yes/No parameter as this table will be changing constantly and it will have hundreds of rows of information

Message 16 of 30
barthbradley

It should be noted , that a Yes/No Parameter is "NULL" Value until it gets checked or unchecked. So, make sure you "activate" the Yes/No Parameter by actually checking and unchecking it in each Row.  Maybe that's what is why the Calculated Parameter is returning a "blank".  Because the Yes/No is "Null". 

Message 17 of 30
pablo39YT3

Ther is NO "Yes/No" parameter involved so far. That wouldn't be an answer
Message 18 of 30
barthbradley

@pablo39YT3 wrote:

it can't be Yes/No parameter as this table will be changing constantly and it will have hundreds of rows of information

Well, I would need to know what criteria needs to be meet for a Row to be Calculated.  You are saying that only certain Rows apply.  What makes them special?  

Message 19 of 30
pablo39YT3

it is not Certain rows, take a look to my post and have another read it explains it. 

it is not "certain rows" look at the table, each group of rows have a department, the global value of the department, in this case "Mens" has a value of 1000 but the total of the set 1 + Set 2 has to be subtracted from the value 1000 by department, not by row. 

Message 20 of 30
ToanDN

@pablo39YT3 wrote:
I'm not sure that a Yes/No will work as this schedules can get up to hundreds of rows and we need to be more efficient time wise, but that is a cool suggestion, any other ideas?

I think you took the approach too literally.  It is just an example based on just what you show because I had no idea what criteria drive the highlighted rooms.  If they have a common criteria then you can simply use it to drive the formula (if the parameter is applicable, i.e. not a text parameter).  Or you can group/un-itemized your schedule based on that parameter and tick the box just once instead of row by row.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report