Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling floor plan view on a sheet without changing scale in actual view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shershahbacha9
5410 Views, 4 Replies

Scaling floor plan view on a sheet without changing scale in actual view

Hello !!

i have a question. I want to place a floor plan view on my sheet and is in scsle 1:100. Actually its large compared to sheet size. I want to make it small to fit on sheet. The method is crop region and scaling in actual floor plan view and bringing it to sheet. Is there any way that scale in my original floor plan view remains same unchanged but i can somehow make its smaller on sheet to adjust to sheet size. I also got to know one method where i can make a duplicate floor plan and make it independent from parent floor plan and subsequently change scale of duplicate view . but in my case i got a file from somewhere else and i cannot change the scale of any floor plan view .

hghg.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

you wrote

i have a question. I want to place a floor plan view on my sheet and is in scsle 1:100. Actually its large compared to sheet size. I want to make it small to fit on sheet. The method is crop region and scaling in actual floor plan view and bringing it to sheet. Is there any way that scale in my original floor plan view remains same unchanged but i can somehow make its smaller on sheet to adjust to sheet size.

no you can't , you can only duplicate with detailing and change the scale. or you can have key plan overall view in a smaller scale in one sheet and use matchline to the bigger scale view.

matchline.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5

Hey, can you explain alitlle about this matchline thing please

Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5
syman2000
in reply to: shershahbacha9

I would create dependent view from your floor plan. That way you can define your crop view region of your drawing and still maintain the floor plan scale.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators