Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms VS Areas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mairh_tsek
5048 Views, 4 Replies

Rooms VS Areas

Hello,

I know that this is a common topic but I cannot understand the use of the above.

In the project that I did I created Areas instead of Rooms as I could make the boundary that I want. When I tried to create Rooms the room separator it wasn't enough for me in order to get the space that I wanted. [  For exampe I wanted to contain a space in the already created Room and I couldn't change the boundaries]

Does it  wrong? Is there any way to edit the Room boundaries in order to include another space?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bimscape
in reply to: mairh_tsek

If you look at the Instance Parameters for Walls, there is a "Room Bounding" tickbox. This will allow Revit Rooms to "leak out" from that space into an adjacent area.

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

The Room Separator is the exact tool for the job.  I'm not understanding your issue with it. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi just a query on these types of issues with rooms vs areas. I have been trying to carve up a retail space, with rooms, and seperation  lines to distunguish spaces.  I find when I use room bounding walls,   I can't get a percentage of total in the area schedule, and when  I use a room tag with area  noted, it is not the same as the schedule, because area is lost in perimeter walls etc. Is three a better way, as its good to show the "room' and area in the same tag, as long as its displaying the correct size.  The Net area is much easier to use, but it wont account for the whole space.  Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 5
Simon_Weel
in reply to: Anonymous

The big difference between Rooms and Areas; Rooms are project-bound and Areas are View-bound. That is, you can have only a single room in a particular space, but you can have multiple Area's for that same space - just create another Area Plan. With the Area Boundary tool, you can define your own boundary for an Area (switch off the check mark for 'Apply Area Rules').

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report