Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Calculation Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DJHarrisEA6RG
272 Views, 3 Replies

Room Calculation Points

Is there a way to make the endpoint an instant parameter?  I know how to move the point around in the family, but it would be nice to be able to do it in the project.  It doesn't always show up in the correct location, to pick up the room.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: DJHarrisEA6RG

No, but there is a workaround.

Add an invisible style model line with an instance parameter to control the length. Constrain one end to the location of your main element, the other end points toward where the room would be. When placing the family in the project, change the length parameter value above so that the midpoint of the line falls inside the room then the family will belong to the room.
Message 3 of 4
DJHarrisEA6RG
in reply to: ToanDN

This is a good work around, but it is not what I'm trying to do.  I want to be able to drag the endpoint to any location, not just make a line longer.  In my case changing the length of the line still doesn't put it in the room.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: DJHarrisEA6RG

@DJHarrisEA6RG wrote:

This is a good work around, but it is not what I'm trying to do.  I want to be able to drag the endpoint to any location, not just make a line longer.  In my case changing the length of the line still doesn't put it in the room.

Thank you

The reason that you cannot drag that point in project is why a workaround is needed.

ToanDN_0-1623098613789.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report