Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room boundary problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mirceaatbowtie
301 Views, 4 Replies

Room boundary problem

Hello everyone,

I am going bonkers as I do not know why my room does not extend to the west side to the sliding door.

Screenshot 2022-05-30 150344.jpg

I have attached the file here for reference. I cant make my model under 71mb so I need to post a download link

https://bowtieconstruction86.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/BowTieConstruction/EiXwToS3c59NqbNg4-cxDWQBmQABxBj... 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rxi.gg
in reply to: mirceaatbowtie

Thats crazy I can't find anything that make that happen. You have several phases... did you check all of them?

Roi G. | AUTODESK REVIT & DYNAMO EXPERT

Da un "Me gusta" si la respuesta te ha resultado útil y acéptala como solución si ha resuelto tu duda.
Give a "Like" if the answer has been useful to you and accept it as a solution if it has solved your doubt.

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: mirceaatbowtie

I have done the following to fix it:

- Set the Room Computation to Area+Volume

- Add a room separation line

ToanDN_0-1653931559729.png

There are several issues I would raise but I did not fix since I don't know the history of the project:

- There is a wall created and demolished under New Construction. Is is a temporary elements?

- I would add a new level where your new floor is, and create floor /ceiling plan associated with this new level, instead of an existing level with a negative offset.

ToanDN_1-1653931804186.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

I guarantee you that it is associated to one or more of those Warnings. You have a ton of them!   I would strongly recommend doing some routine maintenance. Resolve as many of those Warnings as you can.  Might be too late now to resolve some.  It happens.  Warnings sometimes can't be resolved unless other Warnings are resolved first - and those Warnings may be undiscoverable.   

Message 5 of 5

@ToanDN thank you very much for the process I managed to fix it. Very useful indeed. 

@barthbradleyCan you recommend a process of routine maintenance? I am trying to build some standards as we go along and maintenance seems to be at the bottom of the priority list . At what intervals should it be done and what are the elements that need to be cleaned ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators