Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROOF SLAB OPENING EDITING

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hliS658H
555 Views, 3 Replies

ROOF SLAB OPENING EDITING

I ran into this strange situation when trying to edit the opening in the roof slab. As you can see, this is a roof slab sloping toward one direction. I create it by starting with a rectangle then cutting vertical openings at two corners. I noticed it was not cut clean so I needed to edit the opening sketches, however, I could only edit the overall shape but not able to select the opening sketches. Even after I deleted the current one and tried to rebuild the roof, the roof was then still automatically cut at two corners with that discrepancy, which means the opening sketches still exist and function, they are just invisible or not selectable. Please let me how to solve the issue, it will be greatly appreciated!  

ROOF OPENING 1.JPGROOF OPENING 2.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TripleM-Dev.net
in reply to: hliS658H

Hi,

What do you mean with "opening sketches" a vertical opening is "attached" to the element and dissapears if the roof is deleted.

Sounds like a Shaft Opening, maybe the "Shaft opening" category is off in the view.

Turn the category on or try a 3D view, if the shaft element itself is hidden in view try "Reveal Hidden elements".

ps: Seems a Shaft doesn't highlight in red like other elements, but it is selectable, just use a crossing selection window.

- Michel

Message 3 of 4
bin
Advisor
in reply to: hliS658H

Move your cursor to the edge of the Vertical Opening,  use the Tab key to highlight the opening and select it, then edit the sketch.

You don't need to match the edge of the roof when you are doing the vertical opening. You can do this:

bin_0-1589538551294.png

Message 4 of 4
hliS658H
in reply to: TripleM-Dev.net

Yes, you are probably right. I remember I used vertical opening at first when I made this opening in a group, and then I noticed this opening is not shown in the other instance, so I changed to using shaft opening. 

I checked the visibility of the shaft opening, it is checked,  with "hidden lines" checked also. After I unchecked "hidden lines", I was able to see the opening contour lines and select them. However, when I was trying to work the same way with other roofs, I didn't have the luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report