Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof sheathing over fascia

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DeanMN777
460 Views, 5 Replies

Roof sheathing over fascia

Roof sheathing goes over the top of the fascia. How do you do this when modeling in Revit?

The fascia tool in Revit locates the fascia proud of the roof edge instead of locating it correctly. Every video just seems to ignore this problem.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: DeanMN777

Model the sheathing as a separate thin roof.

If you don't want two roofs, then create a void sweep picking the roof edges for path to cut the lower part of the roof, then place the fascia.

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

@DeanMN777 wrote:

Roof sheathing goes over the top of the fascia. How do you do this when modeling in Revit?

The fascia tool in Revit locates the fascia proud of the roof edge instead of locating it correctly. Every video just seems to ignore this problem.

Problem?  What problem?  

Message 4 of 6
DeanMN777
in reply to: barthbradley

I am pretty certain that is the standard answer from AutoDESK. 

Message 5 of 6
jdmwrxpower

Create a new profile family facia where you can adjust the angle. Once you do that you'll be able to duplicate an existing facia and change it to that and it will host like a normal fascia. Match the angle of your roof and join. It's completely obsurd in 2023 we don't have a simple extended offset we can add to roof edges part of the assembly. In the real world espeically with standing metal seam we bring the aluminum 2 inches off the face that discharges to the gutter. With revit I learned the model just needs to be good enough and the rest is annotation. 

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

@DeanMN777 wrote:

I am pretty certain that is the standard answer from AutoDESK. 

"Standard answer"? Mine was a question.  I don't understand what the problem is.  Are you wanting to offset/inset the Fascia?  There are Horizontal and Vertical Profile Offset Parameters under the Instance Properties of the Fascia. There's also a Parameter there to change its angle.  I don't know why you would have to settle for "good enough" as another commentator suggested.  You can model it in Revit exactly how it will be constructed in the field. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report