Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Ridge Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
867 Views, 4 Replies

Roof Ridge Issue

How to create a roof ridge in Revit? Can anyone share me?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Model in Place. Set the Family category to ‘Roof’ I would make a profile of the ridge as it’s own family and then you can create sweeps along the ridges. This will require a combination of selecting the planes to host the roof ridge and then picking the lines of the roof ridge itself.

You could also build a ‘Line Based Generic Model’ and a separate family for the ridge caps, this would allow you to join everything to clean it up. The biggest challenge in this route will be getting the family to drugs to the slope of the roof. Again the profile family for the ridge sweep will be critical.

I actually have a project at the moment that needs roof ridges. Feel free to share your profile family or files and I can keep some screenshots of my process.

Message 3 of 5
ennujozlagam

you can refer to these LINK and LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

Create one module as a family and nest it in a line based generic family. Or create one module as a generic adaptive family and nest it in another generic adaptive family on a divide spline.
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

You can find these ridge tiles on line all day long and twice on Sundays. Here's an RVT from Boral Roofing that's loaded with them. Just select the one you like and click "Edit Family" to open it in the Family Editor -- and then reverse-engineer it and "tweak" it to use your own tile profile (e.g. extrusion profile).  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report