Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll back to previous version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
steve
3371 Views, 4 Replies

Roll back to previous version

I want to restore a deleted level and the info that was ref'd to that level that got deleted by "rolling back".   It's one of those functions that can't be undone using "undo".      In this help article on how to rollback a BIM 360 shared model, why is step #4, "restore backup"  grayed out for me?    Trying to restore/use the previous save version.    

Step #4 Click Collaborate tab, Manage Models panel, (Restore Backup)."

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: steve

If you rolled back and saved over the current version then you effectively wiped out all backups of it. You need to find a local file that has not been synced containing the original level and save it back to the BIM360 as a new central file.

In the future, never roll back when restoring backups, use saves to a different file so that you can open and inspect it before replacing the current model.
Message 3 of 5
steve
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks.  Fortunately not alot lost, not too hard to recreate.   You confirm my suspicion, gone into the great digital beyond.   In pre-BIM 360 days, there would be a vesion with multiple 10 versions auto-named <modelname>0000001.rvt  etc for the saves along the way.  

Message 4 of 5
RobDraw

Marking your own post as the solution again?! That button is to mark the post that answers your question. We've been over this before.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5
RobDraw

Marking all the responses doesn't help someone find the solution either.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report