Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Wishlist

64 REPLIES 64
SOLVED
Message 1 of 65
BIMAbhi
5535 Views, 64 Replies

Revit Wishlist

Here we have given some wishlist for Revit:

1. Revit Element ID in Schedule Takeoff
  2. Text based line type as AutoCAD (Gas Line, HW line etc.)
  3. Generate formwork area for Column, beam wall etc.
  4. MEP SLD generation and auto update with the model
  5. Revision number starting with zero "0"
  6. Generate schedule for Stair, Ramp & Railing
  7. Revit schedule customization as excel
  8. Direct export Revit schedule to excel (Microsoft, Open office, Kingsoft etc.)
  9. Importing excel file to Revit
  10. Multiple Leader in single tag
  11. Double hatch pattern include in every cut and surface pattern
  12. Generate schedule with Bottom of Pipe (BOP) & Top of Pipe (TOP) for Pipe element
  13. Open folder location for the specific file
  14. 3D based Grid generation
  15. Inclined and Curved Wall Tag
  16. Create custom Arrow style
  17. Custom dimension color in Revit
  18. Leader export (in AutoCAD) as leader entity instead line
  19. System parameter linked with custom parameter
  20. Image transparency in Revit
  21. Edit/Modify shared parameter properties (change "Length" to "Text")
  22. Add an extra layer on stair component
  23. Generate wall schedule as per room name without add any manual parameter
  24. Add wall height in schedule
  25. Add segment in duct as per specific rules
Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
64 REPLIES 64
Message 2 of 65
Firmanf
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Thank you for taking the time to make a list and to share with us some improvements that could be valuable in Revit. I will make note of them and share with our development team.

You can also submit the requests through the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

It is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our development team.

Fernanda Firman
Message 3 of 65
william.joey
in reply to: Firmanf

It would be nice to have the "Detach from Central" option on the recent files welcome screen.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 65
rudermann

I would like to add to the wishlist:

1) I would like to be able to set 'View Range' graphically in an elevation view.

2) I would like to be able to move a breaker panel without having to re-do all of the circuits.

Message 5 of 65
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rudermann

As mentioned in a previous post here (#2), there is a link available in which one can submit feeback directly to the development team. When submitting ideas or reporting problems, be as specific and detailed as you can. Examples can help quite a bit, too (if possible).

Additionally, you can participate in the Wish List system over at AUGI.com, by voting for existing Wishes or submitting new ones.

Link: http://www.augi.com/wishlist/

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 65
dbroad

For #10, what behavior would you expect if one of the tagged items was modified (say family type changed)?  Which leader would remain? Would the irrelevant leader be dropped or a warning replace the tag? 

For #11, I don't understand.  Hatch is based on materials is it not?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 65
hussain

For #6: Don't Revit can create Schedule for Stair, Ramp and Railing? Can you please elaborate?
Message 8 of 65

I would         love the     ability to edit text properly for       specifications without            the indents, returns, and other                  misc. formatting                       lost every single time I activate a

text box to edit.

I have to             manually format        everything, and do text            boxes about a                

column at a time.

Any improvement to       the broken system for the          past eight years would be             much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Everyone who uses text

Message 9 of 65
chuk

Roof Fascia & Drip Edge tools to be included in the standard roof "Family: edit structure tool:

Include an additional fascia, soffit and drip edge feature Inside of the Edit Structure/Edit Assembly area of the roof family:   that would allow users to sweep, reveal and add components to either the Slope edge(drip edge) or the gable edge of the roof

Also In the Edit Structure “Preview” area of roof families, just like in the wall tool, Enable locking and unlocking of the Slope edge (drip edge) and gable edge for users to achieve real world results in the models.

Lastly, on the face of the roof allow sweeps and “ARRAYS” of shapes to mimic things like clay roofs, standing seem metal ( just a repeating sweep along one edge with the offset determined from the bottom edge or edge of the overhang, to allow for some complex detailing of ROOF FAMILIES.

I’ve been a Revit user since 2005 and I’m an dying and exploding inside as to why this has never come to be.

This is actually more of a bug than a wish list Item, This tool should have been included in roofs from the beginning.   As it is It takes me 5 to 6 steps to finish 1 roof in my models, and God Forbid you have changes and adjustments, it is a major problem.  My suggestion above would be painful once, and If enough attention was given, you could set up all of your roof families once and for all, and never have to touch the roof again in the modeling process, it would save enormous amounts of time in the modeling process and make the models look REAL as opposed to representations, even for basic users.

Message 10 of 65

architectureplusone,

You win the internet. Best post ever, anywhere, anytime.

Message 11 of 65
chrisplyler
in reply to: chuk

chuk,

Oh my goodness yes! For roofs AND walls. (Well, walls has some of that functionality, but vertical sweeps with spacing assignment would allow R-Panel modeling. I've been using a separate curtain panel wall to model exterior sheeting, and I hate having to do it. It could be soooooooo much better. Oh yeah, I will add: Let AIR layers be INVISIBLE.

The only problem I forsee: You don't really want all the panel ribs to be visible in every view. Elevations at 1/8" scale? Your wall will become black when you print it. Much better to just set surface pattern to a drafting pattern vertical line with reasonable spacing for such views. Actual sweeps should be a subcategory that can have its visibility turned off.

By the way, if you've got a small file with a sample of how you've constructed an accurate R-Panel or standing seam roof, and you would be willing to post it, I would be forever grateful.

Message 12 of 65
marcin

There is a website with a Revit wishlist - http://revit1.com/wishlist/ .

You can your own wish (after registration) and vote for wishes others posted. The wishes with most votes go to the top of the list.

Message 13 of 65
marcin

There is a website with a Revit wishlist - http://revit1.com/wishlist/ .

You can post your own wish there (after registration) and vote for wishes others posted. The wishes with most votes go to the top of the list.

Message 14 of 65
abaumgartner
in reply to: marcin

Copy command default => Multiple.  If I wanted to copy just one item I'll stop CLICKING!!!!

Message 15 of 65
Jsmy91
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hello! it would be great that structural walls were cut by structural colums, framming automatically instead of using join on every of it.

Or maybe there is one way and I don't know it.

Message 16 of 65
rudermann
in reply to: rudermann

I have attached an image of what I would like the 'View Range' to be.

Message 17 of 65
brichev

Trim the inserted image

Message 18 of 65
studiofacchetti
in reply to: brichev

my wish list for santa claus! Smiley Happy

1. the possibility of creating legends with the legend components of the files linked

2. can join elements of STR_model in the ARC_model so as to be able to deduct the amount of the wall where lies a column!

3. solve problems with the IFC file

4. being able to put in a schedule the parameters of a linked IFC file

5. integrating the functions of Navis in Revit as an example corretc QTO, Timeliner and Clash Detective

6. simplify curtain systems

7. improvements in the creation of monolithic stairs with ramps irregular

8. improvements in the creation and management of structures in steel and concrete

thanx Santa Claus!

Message 19 of 65
cramail

Is anyone having the same problem submitting a request?

The webpage to submit a request does not seem to be working.  I am using Chrome browser and I get a message that I do not have permission to access server.  

"You don't have permission to access "http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/newform_proc.pl/fb_prodexp3" on this server.

Reference #18.be57cea7.1449505184.1c05e12"

Is there another place I should submit improvement requests?

Thank you.

Message 20 of 65
samernajjar
in reply to: cramail

@cramail wrote:

Is anyone having the same problem submitting a request?

The webpage to submit a request does not seem to be working.  I am using Chrome browser and I get a message that I do not have permission to access server.  

"You don't have permission to access "http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/newform_proc.pl/fb_prodexp3" on this server.

Reference #18.be57cea7.1449505184.1c05e12"

Is there another place I should submit improvement requests?

Thank you.

I'm having the same problem, I tried Chrome, FireFox and the new Microsoft Edge with no luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report