Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to FBX - IES Lighting File Definitions are Lost

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Samuel.Arsenault-Brassard
280 Views, 0 Replies

Revit to FBX - IES Lighting File Definitions are Lost

When I export a Revit light with IES files in it to FBX and open the FBX file in 3ds Max, the name/definition of the IES file is lost every time.

SamuelArsenaultBrassard_1-1653480016389.png

SamuelArsenaultBrassard_0-1653479997439.png

This means that if I try to convert the light to a Vray photometric light, there will be no IES file attached. If I try to fix this by re-associating it with an IES file, it will change the size, lumen value and orientation based on the IES file I use, not based on the Revit value that were already entered.

Since Revit and 3ds Max are made by the same company and 3ds Max is one of the best way to make renders and animation from Revit projects, would it be possible to fix this broken workflow?

I am aware of this help document:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Import...

In this test, the project and all IES files are located on a non-shared local drive (C:\IES)

-

Please let me know if there's a way to not lose this information when exporting as FBX or importing the FBX into 3ds Max. I've attached the test files below.

Labels (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report