Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to 3DSMAX - Need Help

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
lizGYM66
84 Views, 0 Replies

Revit to 3DSMAX - Need Help

Hi All,

I'm familiar with how to import Revit models in to 3DSMax and the various FBX options etc, however I often end up with bad geo or a bunch of other issues I have to fix. It seems it would be a lot easier if I could prep some of these issues directly in Revit before export however I honestly don't know much Revit.

Things I'd like to be able to resolve are wall joints so they don't come in intersected (this causes the chamfer in Max to look terrible). How to join certain walls when Revit won't allow you. To change the axis of a model. I have one case where the model is facing one way but the blue bounding box is facing another, this causes all of the axis to but off when imported to Max.

I've searched YouTube a lot but the majority of videos are old and just dealing importing the FBX, but not with specific geo issues. Also any posts on this forum are old.

These are just some of the things I can think of. Happy to pay for help and your time.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report