Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit randomly creating holes around windows

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
566 Views, 8 Replies

Revit randomly creating holes around windows

Hi, got another weird thing happening in Revit. This time Revit has started to randomly create holes around windows, when 3 or more windows are close to eachother (see picture).

The only way I have found to make it stop is to delete the windows and replace them until it just works.

#1 Have just added in the window, but not in the right place.

#2 Moved the window into place and Revit creates a hole next to it.

#3 Removing either one of the two high lighted windows will make the hole disappear.

#4-5 Just views from a different angle, so it can be seen that there is in fact a hole and it's not just a gfx glitch.

Would really like to know why Revit is doing this, so I can avoid it, cause keep having to replace windows is becomming really time consuming.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

It's probably a glitch due to the openings occur at the same point.

CTRL+X to cut the window and Paste it Aligned to same place.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks, this is pretty much what I'm doing, just copy paste instead, old habit from when sorting files, so I don't accidentally lose something. But giving you kudos anyway for reminding me of the cut/paste feature, saves me about half a second each time 🙂

Message 4 of 9
Kimtaurus

Not sure what you're design intent is, but you could try to create such a window with an embedded curtain wall, instead of several windows.

in reply to: Kimtaurus

Thats' true. But i forgot to say that curtain walls and storefronts can't be used here, because of the program the file has to be loaded in when it's done. It can't see those kind of features so it must be family windows or whatever they are called.

Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

@Anonymous

Actually using curtain walls is a good idea.

- Create a place holder curtain wall type, non-embedded, empty panel, no frames/mullions, only grid division.  This is for if you don't want to see the window.

- Create another type, auto-embedded, with custom curtain wall window family as panel.  Swap to this type when you want to show the windows.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I already know this. When loaded into the program it's to be use in, curtain walls show up as 0 area, actually they don't even show up. So pretty useless when you need to calculate the area, in that prorgam and not Revit itself. it's just how it is i don't call the shots around here.

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

So that program ignore the windows infill in curtain walls as well? Those are actually windows.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Not really sure if it ignores them or if it just can't read the data, but curtain walls and store fronts don't work. no glass nor mullions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators