Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit nested polar array problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ammad.mahmood
329 Views, 6 Replies

Revit nested polar array problem.

Hallo everyone. i am creating a circular wall family and with in the wall there are holes (voids) around the wall. see the attached image. I made void in the same family to cut the wall and applied polar array to the void. But the problem is that i cannot control the array in the vertical direction. I want to control the vertical height of the void. it gives me error.

I tried making separate family for the void (face based) but the it is still not working. The nested void is not cutting the wall family. i am attaching both familes. please help me. i wasted my whole day to solve this problem. Thanks

11111.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: ammad.mahmood

@ammad.mahmood 

The NKB_Wandloch needs to

1. be somehow constrained to reference planes in the face base family
  2. and it need to be cutting the Host/Face in the Face baced gen.m template in order for it to cut the host in the Parent Family when nested or the project when loaded. Currently the void you created is floating somewhere in space

vcut.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 7
ammad.mahmood
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks for the response. i did it the way you told . but still its not cutting the the parent family.

Can you please try it and nest it in the family i attached. maybe my revit have some problem. Because i checked it and its not working. Also i cant control the diameter of the array. when i change the diameter. the wall moves but the array lost the connection :(. I dont know what i am doing wrong 

Message 4 of 7

Hallo sir

Can you please check this family. i managed to do the the cut part. but now the array diameter is not changing with the dia of the wall

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

Couple of things I see:

1. The Void Family is hosted to the Revolve. Shouldn't it be hosted to the Level? 

2. The Void Family Parameters are TYPE kind. Shouldn't they be INSTANCE kind since the Nested Family is being copied (e.g. Arrayed) in the Host Family?  

Message 6 of 7

Sir i did place the nested Void family on the level but then it is not cutting the family? Do you know why is this ? If i place the void family on the level and it cuts the wall, it would be great but its nor working for me. Is there any thing i ma missing?

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: ammad.mahmood

I think you overcomplicating the work. Just place one wall based opening
family and array it directly in the project.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report