Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Lighting Fixture Family on underside of ceiling grid

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
advandes
1642 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Lighting Fixture Family on underside of ceiling grid

I have three different rooms, each with a ceiling grid. One room has the light fixtures sitting nicely on the top side of the grid while the other two rooms have the light fixtures below the grid. I have placed the same type grid and the same light fixture family in all three areas. Any idea why this is happening?

AAG
Advance Design
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: advandes

Is the lighting fixture a ceiling based, face based, or work plane based family?

Message 3 of 4
advandes
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the reply. I do not know if  the lighting fixture is a ceiling based, face based, or work plane based family. How can I tell, and how can I revise it if needed?

Thanks!

AAG
Advance Design
Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: advandes

The stock library lay-in fixtures, for example, are modeled with the expectation that you're looking at a reflected ceiling plan when you place them. So if you're looking down on the ceiling from above instead, they're going to be facing up after you place them. This happens to me a lot because I'm designing warehouse space with no ceiling (fixtures hanging exposed) and so I don't ever even make a reflected ceiling view. I just have a view set to the Electrical discipline with the top of the View Range set high enough to see the fixtures. Sure enough, I forget every time, and my fixtures are upside down.

Some of them have flip handles when selected.

I usually just grab them all at once in an elevation or section view and mirror them back into the right orientation. Hasn't caused me any problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report