Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Lagging

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mzamzam
3565 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Lagging

Hi everyone,

For some reason my revit file is super slow and I am not sure why. I have tried purging it, auditing it, as well as compacting it but it still runs really slow. I have replaced my whole laptop, all while still experiencing the same lagging. Is there something going on in my model that is making it run so slow?

Some information on how it runs slow: panning and zooming sometimes lags, but it is tolerable. Opening new views is horrible, and navigating between them is even worse. 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: mzamzam

I have no issue with the rest of the views and model. Only view I have issue with is section 3. It open very slowly. Try deleting it and recreate new view.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 6
mzamzam
in reply to: syman2000

Yes that is the one I am having the most trouble with. Any tips?

Message 4 of 6
syman2000

I believe your exterior floor slab with metal deck may create the issue. If I swap it with regular floor with no decking, it won't have any issues. Right now the floor with metal deck has different slope point. That may create complexity.

metal deck.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 6
ennujozlagam

i dont find any issue, please attached file. and try to install latest updates from autodesk. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

FWIW: Yes, your model is hosed big time.  

I went through the Warnings and got rid of the big problems -- most of them associated with the SIP Walls' integrated sweeps, which I deleted from the assembly entirely.  Afterwards,  the Model seems to purr like a kitten.  

Model Before:

bbBefore.jpgbbSIPBefore.jpg

Model After:

bbAfter.jpgbbSIPAfter.jpg

Note: All Model Categories and Phases are turned on is above screenshots. That's why you see those ugly Toposurface triangulations lines.  

For your perusal, I've attached my RVT. You can take it or leave it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report