Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit - corrupted model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
710 Views, 2 Replies

Revit - corrupted model

Hi everyone.

I have got an problem with model. The model of our project gets corrupted randomly when we are trying to synchronize it. Then when I am trying to open model I get message "Data in file an unnamed file is corrupt and needs to be manually recovered". I tried to recover backup, open with audit, open with only one opened workset, opening last synchronized local file with no progress and same error. We have had to go back to previous file witch opens but when I am trying to open it with audit I also get same error. The journal file points gives an messeage "An ArchiveException 105 is raised at line 1209 of Archive\DataDict.cpp: can't fix the ordering of container filed m_hasOpenLockControl." right before "Data in file an unnamed file is corrupt and needs to be manually recovered". Is there any option to fix the model? Revit 2017.

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

If a file is really corrupt there is not much you can do. As a last resort you could try to ask Autodesk to have a look at it.

But before that you could try a few things. As you mention you are able to open an older file.

-First do some house keeping. Check that you have enough space on your hard drives. Clean your Temp folder.

-Look for updates.

-I see also some warnings about add-ins. Uninstall those addins (or disable them).

-When you can open a project, unlink other files and see if that helps.

-Start to remove objects from the project to see if it is certan element(s) that are causing the problem.

First suspects would be meshes (or other imported foreign files), big complex families and things like complex topography.

If it corrupts randomly I would check also other users

-All computers in good shape (enough space etc)?

-Everybody on the exact same Revit version?

-Network issues (for one or more users)?

-When corrupt caused maybe by a particular user working on it

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
hmunsell
in reply to: Anonymous

if @L.Maas suggestions don't do it, here is what i have been forced to do on Rare occasions.

will the problem model Link into another model? it it will.

• link the problem model into a New project model
  • select the link in the model. 
  • pick Bind Link from the ribbon
  • pick the options you want for the Bind Link Options (i usually just pick Levels & Grids)
  • pick OK

this will bind the link into your project. All the elements will bind in as a model group. select the group and ungroup it. Only down side is every thing will be on the same Phase and Workset. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report