Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Chimes when Deleting Elements

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
3647 Views, 16 Replies

Revit Chimes when Deleting Elements

Hi!

I am working in my Revit project file and am constantly deleting and replacing furniture items and walls. Every time I delete an element, there is a loud chime that goes off. It is the same chime that goes off when a warning box pops up, but I was able to turn those off. The only way I can turn off the "deleting elements chime" is by muting my entire computer, but sometimes I share my screen on Zoom and need to hear people on the call. Does anyone know how to turn off the sound that occurs when deleting elements?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Why is it chiming?  What's the error?   

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi barthbradley,

It is chiming every time I delete an item. No error or warning message appears. If I place a couch, wall, or any other item but decide to delete it, it chimes. It is so strange!

Message 4 of 17
barthbradley

Well, there's a warning or error associated with the chime.  You don't see anything?  Did you have a dual monitor setup at one time? 

If you did, the warning/error dialog box may be off screen. 

Message 5 of 17
ToanDN
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Good to know. I have never had a dual monitor set up with this laptop, so I don't know where the error/warning box has disappeared to... do you know how to get it back? I just did some research and it tells me to go to Manage -> Inquiry -> Review Warnings but the Review Warnings button is greyed out. I appreciate all of your help.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks, ToadDN! Hopefully once I get my error/warning box to appear again, I can use this to turn off the chime.

Message 8 of 17
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

the Review Warnings button is greyed out. 

That's a good thing.  No Warnings. Pat yourself on the back.  

Now, where the heck is the warning box that's associated with the chime? Got me. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Now I'm manually causing an error (drawing a wall on top of an existing wall) and the error box appears, but NO CHIME! There is still a chime with every item I delete. I'm at a total loss 😞 

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Also, I'm using Revit 2019 - Student Version. Not sure if that'll change anything for anyone helping me troubleshoot.

Message 11 of 17
barthbradley

You sure it isn't your phone?  

Kidding.  

Very weird. 

Message 12 of 17
martijn_pater

Turn off your sound...

Message 13 of 17
RobDraw

Are you using the keyboard delete key or the Revit command? Does it still make a sound if you delete in an alternative method?

What kind of error could be happening? (Delete by itself does not make a sound.) Are these elements pinned?

Have you ever had a second monitor plugged in? If so, try connecting another one so you can see that error message.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 14 of 17
ToanDN

Turn off Windows system's "Exclamation" sound then.
Message 15 of 17
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

….or change your wav from Chimes to Electric Love. he, he.

Sounds.jpg 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

You're onto something here... I used the delete button in Revit and there was no chime. The chime only occurs when I delete something using my keyboard. I have turned off the sound from my computer settings and it fixed the issue. Thank you for your help!

Message 17 of 17
RobDraw

So, your keyboard has a feature to make a sound when the delete key is pressed. Check your keyboard settings.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report