Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Bogs down

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
529 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Bogs down

I have 16 Gigs on my Dell desktop computer.  Revit seems to bog down starting at 3 or 4 Gigs.  My task manager shows plenty of Ram to spare.  How do I optimize my setting to get Revit running at its best?  I am in Windows 7. I notice it more in earlier versions of Revit, like R16 and R15.

Thanks

Nardo

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you are facing slow down issues.

• As the first step, please take a look at the minimum entry level configuration. This will give you idea regarding the OS, type of CPU, memory, video card etc.
  • Secondly I recommend you take a look at the Autodesk Certified Hardware page where you can find a tool to find recommended system hardware or graphics hardware and drivers. 
  • See HERE for memory-based strategies to improve Revit performance.
  • For information on how to optimize your Operating System for Performance see HERE
  • For recommendations on how to minimize possible instability in Revit when its uses operating system memory, see HERE
  • Working in a Revit model involves interacting with many systems, and if any one (or more) of those systems has slow performance, the entire experience in Revit can be slowed down. See HERE for more related information on suggestions for improving Revit performance.

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question and to help others seeking similar solutions. Kudos gladly accepted.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Thanks Viveka CD

I'm actually a veteran Revit user and Certified Autodesk Revit Trainer since 2008.  However I have been lucky enough at past jobs to have always had fast well running computer.  I just started at a new company and the computer that they gave me has components that are nearly identical to my last computer.  I never had such issues before and so I didn't have a reason to worry about those details.

I am trying to figure out what the difference could be that is making this computer so much slower.  I will give your links a read.

Thanks

Nardo

Message 4 of 5
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

That's awesome - Wow you are a veteran Revit user! 

Yes these things happen and can be frustrating while trying to figure out the cause and then finally land on a solution, but in the process we learn so many new things! Sometimes a simple, clean and fresh reinstall helps solve the issue.

We have an installation and licensing forum if you looking for additional support on new updates.

I would also recommend that you try looking at the kind of workflow/ environment - revit server or collaboration for revit or citrix and the best practices for each based on what your new company has set up.

It will be great if you can share a journal file to troubleshoot further.

Looking forward to your reply update and let me know if any of the links in the previous posts helped!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?
Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report