Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT BATCH PRINT AND SHEET ORDER

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ben.studiomod
3231 Views, 4 Replies

REVIT BATCH PRINT AND SHEET ORDER

So I'm having an issue and I'm hoping that there's a way to do it in Revit. 

I'm trying to batch print sheets from my Revit File.  When I go to File --> Print, I can choose the sheets I want and select to have them combined in a single pdf, but I can't change the order of the sheets.   Ok, I'll go to batch print.  I click on Add-ins --> Batch Print, and I can change the order of the sheets, but now I an't choose the combine the pdfs.  In fact, I can't choose anything, it just prints them as individual pdfs.

This seems like this should be an obvious feature for revit, but is there a way to both batch print drawings to a single pdf in the sheet order of my choosing? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the link.  I couldn't get the batch plot feature to print to a single pdf, so, per your link, I exported to DWF's, then opened the DWF's with Design Review, then re-arranged the sheets, and then printed the DWF's to pdf from there. 

It's sad that Revit's solution to batch printing, a crucial aspect of architectural drawings, is so convoluted and backwards.  Its like they fired the programmer responsible for setting up the print feature half way through the job and just never finished it.  Hopefully they fix it before Revit 2030 is released.

Message 4 of 5

Most full-featured PDF programs, like Bluebeam Revu and Adobe Acrobat (but not Reader), can rearrange sheet order in a multi-sheet PDF, which is useful but still a pain for a large set going through multiple revisions and reissues.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ben.studiomod

Just have a look in the Revit App Store from Autodesk because there are a few great printing tools to PDF and other formats that allow arranging the order of the sheets in a single PDF and they are very productive. It is a small investment for the time saved and the quality of the prints.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report