Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2021 Camera and Walkthrough Slow Display in Realistic Mode

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
esambell6M2VC
624 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2021 Camera and Walkthrough Slow Display in Realistic Mode

I've recently upgrade a model to Revit 2021, and have noticed serious performance issues when opening a camera view in realistic mode. It's admittedly a pretty big model, but in standard 3D View (either ortho or perspective) I can orbit around and it is (as promised) much faster than previous versions. This is especially troublesome in walkthroughs, which are of course just many camera views stitched together. 

Anyone else seeing this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am Using Revit 2021 I practiced walkthrough in this version. maybe you must check from the computer system.

Message 3 of 5
alan_eu
in reply to: esambell6M2VC

Realistic Mode is really slower, especially if you have many RPC and many objects with different materials 

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 4 of 5

Thanks @MahmoudAlcholbec and @alan_eu. It makes a lot of sense that it would be slower than a shaded view, but it's really the difference in performance between a standard 3D view and a camera based view that is causing me the problem. In Revit 2021 the standard 3D view in realistic mode is much faster (and looks much better) than in Revit 2019, but the camera based views (including walkthrough) are much slower in Revit 2021.

Message 5 of 5
alan_eu
in reply to: esambell6M2VC

Normally I prefer to use Realistic not as a working view, but as a final view just to send it to the sheet.

Also, try to turn off/on your hardware acceleration on File - options - hardware - use hardware acceleration - restart your Revit. Sometimes it make everything better!

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report