Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2020 not allowing me to save or print

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1572 Views, 4 Replies

REVIT 2020 not allowing me to save or print

This is my first post on this forum, so I am still learning how everything works.

I have been working with this file for a couple weeks now, and it was saving just fine until about a week in.

Now, I am receiving a "file not saved," message when I try to save or "save as." (when I try to save as, the error will come up before asking me to choose a file location)

Additionally, I receive a "file not printed" error when I try to print in any way, including print to pdf.

When I go to the top right and click "manage license," this other weird error shows up saying it is unavailable.

However, when I open and try to save the original copy of the file before I made changes, it saves just fine.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redrunner92
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you been keeping the same session of Revit running (i.e. not closing Revit and re-opening it regularly, such as closing it each evening and opening it each morning)? That could be an issue per the last post of this forum discussion: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/try-to-save-model-and-get-the-following-mass...

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Now, I am receiving a "file not saved," message when I try to save or "save as."

I get that message sometimes when I'm loopy and try to save project while I'm inside another command/operation, such as sketch mode. 

Message 4 of 5
hmunsell

what concerns me is the last image you posted about the license manager. if Revit cant verify the license, it may not let you save or print. id start there..... like @Redrunner92 asked, when was the last time you saved and/or closed Revit?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report