Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 for Mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
7468 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2018 for Mac

I have used Vectorworks as a 3D modelling software as I am running my programs on a Mac. I have been using Revit for many years with I firm that I currently work at and can't see myself using any other program after having such a good experience with this software. Last time I downloaded the trial version, this was probably 4 years ago now, I had to use parallels desktop to run the app which was very frustrating. Is the latest Revit release able to be compatible with Mac without using a secondary program?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @HELLOBNGKN,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your continuous usage and support of Revit.

At this time, Revit is still only directly available on Windows. If you intend to install it on a Mac, you will still need to install it via Parallels Desktop. Kindly refer to the system requirements for additional information.

I hope this helps, kindly let us know if you have any other questions and we will gladly assist you. Thank you.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome new visitor! Smiley Happy

Much has been discussed about this topic:

As suggested by @jeffrey.sin checking out the system requirements is the first step

Please see similar discussion on running Revit in a Mac environment.

See this thread on Revit on Mac (Boot camp) vs PC and Revit on Mac

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. 

Regards,

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report