Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Add-ins tab missing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5229 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2015 Add-ins tab missing

Hi,

I just installed Revit 2015 trial version.

I'd like to create Addins with the API using Python, using RevitPythonShell. I installed RevitPythonShell, but now I need to access it through the "Add-ins" ribbon. The problem is that I don't see that "Add-in" tab !

Even if we make abstraction of RevitPythonShell, with the revit installation I see there is a folder named "Add-in" with some subfolders in it ==> why can't I even access these default add-ins ? Where is the Add-in tab ? I've been looking for an answer on blogs and forums, the only answer I see is that "I have to install an Add-in in order to see the add-in tab". Ok, but then how can I install an Add-in ?? 

Thanks a lot !

Arnaud.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

As the resource you found indicated, the Add-ins tab won't display unless you have at least one add-in installed.  How add-ins are installed varies depending on the add-in.  Some come with installers that copy files to the correct location (i.e. Bluebeam), while others require you to download a file and copy/paste it to the Add-ins folder.  Check with the developer of your add-in to see how to install it.  Then it should be available on the Add-in tab when you restart Revit.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks, I just downloaded a free Addin and it did the job indeed !

Sorry for the useless question 😉

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

Where will I find the folder to add the exporter? 

Message 5 of 7
Viveka_CD

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Does it mean that Revit 2016 LT also has no an add-ins tab in the panel and I will no able to add a pyrevit or revitpythonshell?

Message 7 of 7
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

The Revit API forum can provide further feedback. Please post to that forum.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report