Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 crashes upon opening

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1169 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014 crashes upon opening

Hi All,

I am having problems trying to open Revit 2014.

The splash screen loads and the software appears to open, only to immediately crash. 

This happens every time I try to open Revit 2014.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Revit numerous times along with the relevant update releases and I am still experiencing these issues.

Has any one else experienced this and is there a solution, as we currently have live projects in 2014 and are unable to deliver.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous if you have installed third party software (add-in) try to uninstall it could be the caused of the problem, could be some are corrupted., if you run the Revit program without problem then install back your add-in software one by one and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to note that you are experiencing crashes when opening Revit.

• Infrequent product crashes can be difficult to pin down, as the troubleshooting process would involve finding patterns in the behavior making a change and then seeing if the issue is cleared. If the issue is infrequent, then this necessarily means that each iteration will take longer to check if the issue has been cleared.

Frequent crashes generally cause more disruption, but also provide more opportunities for troubleshooting.
  • Note: When troubleshooting crashes, especially for multiple users, it is important to check if the crashes are related to a single cause (crashes can occur for a variety of reasons, and if you try to troubleshoot without understanding the number of different crash conditions, you will be less likely to identify any of the root causes.)
  • To look for patterns in crashes start by reviewing journal files recorded when a crash occurs. Open several of the journals in a text editor, go to the end of the file, and check if the lines recorded around the time of the crash are similar, or different. If seeing different lines recorded in the journals, you may need to gather a larger sample size to identify common patterns, to see how many different crash conditions are occurring).
  • Once you generate a journal file, we can see if you have the latest update/ service pack installed for your Revit build.

Basic items to check:

• Is Revit updated (in general it is better to be on the latest update of the product, and in many cases as issues are identified and resolved, applying the latest update could clear up unexpected behavior, including crashes)?
  • If Add-ins are installed into Revit, does the crash continue with all add-ins disabled?
  • Is the issue specific to a particular project?
  • Is the issue specific to a particular user account? (e.g. create a new Administrative account and retest)
  • Is the issue specific to a particular workstation?
  • Is the issue specific to a particular workflow (this can be a bit trickier to identify, but if a user encountering the issue goes to another workstation and finds the same issue (on a system that wasn't previously seeing an issue), this could indicate there is something different in their workflow)?
  • Does the crash occur when the system is put into a simplified startup environment? How to perform a selective startup in Windows

If you still continue to experience crashes let us know. 

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

I relocated the plugins located in the folder - 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2014

and rebooted Revit 201 and all worked fine.

I found the issue to be with the plugin Cloudworx.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report