Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining colour overrides created by Filters in V/G settings when NWC Export?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BalajiHTI
2853 Views, 3 Replies

Retaining colour overrides created by Filters in V/G settings when NWC Export?

Hello All,

Is there a way to accomplish the following?

I've some filters based on Parametric values for the model elements. And I use them to set colour overrides in Revit. While exporting NWC from the view, the colours are not retained.

The difficult way is to create search sets based on the same parameters in Navisworks and apply Colour Overrides there. But that is a lot of work and redoing.

Thanks in advance. @RDAOU

VG Filter Colour Overrides dissappear while NWC Export.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: BalajiHTI

@BalajiHTI

Thanks in advance for what!!?? Who said I have a solution for this question ??? 😛

Well... to my knowledge colors overrides applied using filters in Revit will not transfer to Naviswork when you export as NWC (which ofcourse you have noticed already lol)...However, there are a couple of workarounds.

1. You can apply the colors as material 🙂 which again if one didn't think about this b4hand, it would turn out as tidi as creating search sets in Naviswork
  2. Instead of NWC; Export as dwf...Dwf can be opened directly in Naviswork and color filters will be maintained. There are a couple of downside effects to this method...namely: element will lose some of their parameters/information, no shared coordinates and No Grids and Room Names. Thi smethod is basically used if one wants just to  see colors of Revit Systems in Naviswork without going through alll the trouble of search sets...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
BalajiHTI
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU Thanks was for trying 😛 I will add it to Revit feature wish list though.

Message 4 of 4
pbusciglio
in reply to: BalajiHTI

When will this feature be implemented?  This is common amongst everyone I talk to in the industry.  

We need to be able to add color to MEP fabrication parts that by system that transfer to NWC.  That or filters which can be added to the REVIT side and get exported to NWC.  

Apperance profiler and sets are glitchy and puts the issue on the model compiler.  

Please! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report