Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rendering CPU or GPU

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
6094 Views, 7 Replies

rendering CPU or GPU

Is there any way to render with GPU ? With most programs or applications, you can choose between CPU or GPU. My processor is not that good or fast but I got a nice and new 2080 ti video card. Also I was wondering if there is a way to farm render with Revit?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
aRcHiTeCt.JM
in reply to: Anonymous

… hi @Anonymous 

… basically no and no

… it would be cool to be able to render with gpu … but I guess it will never happen

… maybe only when ARNOLD becomes part of REVIT

… and no … no farm rendering

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

Thank you man, I think it's a shame that almost all rendering engines around the world can render with CPU and GPU but no Revit. Thumbs down.

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

revit will probably never get these since Autodesk has other products that can do both of these 

3ds max & maya 

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

It is a shame because if you want to render in 3ds max you need to learn 3ds max, Arnold, Vray, or any other rendering engine available , same as Maya.

I barely know Revit , but I get mad, really mad waiting for hours for a rendering to finish, just to find that it is not the way I needed it.

With GPU at least you can be working on other things at the same time.

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

have you used Autodesk cloud rendering?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hmmm Right. But I do not have a maintenance plan or a subscription plan, as I understand you need either one to get those credits to be able to render in the cloud. Also I would not want to pay more for this services , especially when you can do it in your own pc, when your company is only you, you really dont want to spend your own money in any way.

It is different if you work for a company who has a lot of licenses and a lot of credits, and they dont even know how to spend those. But for me each penny counts.

Either way THANKS

Message 8 of 8
karldraw

might be an update, but I am using Revit LT 2021 and animating  a walkthrough of 6000 frames at 2048 x 1040 in realistic mode and having the windows task manager open I see that revit is making use of the GPU. A measly GTX 650 I have in a 2 XEON cpu box, that I thought would be using the cpu's. NOTE this is not photo-realistic rendering, but a "realistic" walk-through. Task manager also reports using all of the video cards 2gb of memory.

It is nice to see this and this also gives me a reason to put my RTX2070 in the "render" box and shop around for a "RTX3060" or perhaps...3090 in my main.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report