Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Remove unused doors in schedule

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
kjskoog
3217 Views, 12 Replies

Remove unused doors in schedule

We are adding an addition to an existing building  with some remodeling. There is part of the building where there is no work and we are not showing in our plan views. We created a revit model of the existing building. The door schedule is calling out existing doors that are not shown on any views. How can I remove these doors from the schedule?

Stay safe!

Kory Skoog

PM/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: kjskoog

They have to exist somewhere in Project. Use the Schedule's Highlight in Project tool to find and remove them. 

...if they are "keepers", then Filter them out of Schedule (Filter tab).  

Message 3 of 13
ralvarez1976

Add a specific value in the comments field, or in a project or shared parameter for doors (for example it could be the word "HIDE".) Then in your schedule, go to the filter tab, and filter for that parameter and value by "does not contain."

The schedule will then not show the doors that you added the word "HIDE" to in the comments parameter (or similar.)

Message 4 of 13
barthbradley

FWIW: The Doors in the Schedule could be Shared Families categorized under Doors that are nested into other Families. This is fairly common.  

Message 5 of 13
ralvarez1976
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, this could be the issue.

However the OP described that he has an existing building that has more doors than what shows on the plans for his / her scope of work. They are probably doing renovations on a specific area of a floor, and don't want the doors from outside that area to show in the schedule.

Message 6 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: ralvarez1976

Well, you know what they say about "Opinions"

"Yours could be right."    šŸ˜‰

@kjskoog: Are you Phasing Construction? If so, check your Schedule's Phase/Phase Filter.  

Phasing Schedule.png

Message 7 of 13
ralvarez1976

"barthbradley"

I said that your suggestion could be the issue to be courteous, but from the OP's description it is not likely. Also, since you are now getting sarcastic, I take it back. Even if the issue is really shared nested doors, you could filter them by the same method I described. 

I don't think you understand. What you show would display ALL existing and new construction doors. He may want to see a specific set of doors that display on his floor plans (like he described on his post). They may be existing doors as well as new doors, where some work needs to be done on the existing frames, like painting or new hardware.

He probably needs a more specific way to filter the doors, other than just by their phases. Hence, this is why I suggested a more specific way to filter the doors.

Message 8 of 13
loboarch

If all the doors you want out of the schedule were created in the "Existing" phase, you can always set the phase filter of the schedule to only "look" at "new construction". This will effectively eliminate all existing doors from the schedule.

2020-03-25_1326.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 13
barthbradley

Yes, @ralvarez1976, I think Filtering could work as well. That's why I suggested it. And, you did a fine job of repackaging that suggestion.  Good for you.   

Message 10 of 13
barthbradley

@ralvarez1976 wrote:

I don't think you understand. What you show would display ALL existing and new construction doors.

It may or it may not.  But, that wasn't the point. The point was that Schedules respond to Phase and Phase Filters as well.  Just another filter method.  

Message 11 of 13
ralvarez1976

@barthbradley  It was not as much of a "repackaging" as much of really trying to give help to someone in this forum. Just throwing out a response of "go to the filter tab" doesn't do much good and is a lazy response. 

Message 12 of 13
kjskoog

We are using phasing. Some of the existing doors will remain but just be painted. I am adding the note to the schedule for the existing doors. So I am showing existing phase and new construction phase. I did change the phase to show final in the schedule but there are still doors scheduled that are not in any views. I may try to add a shared parameter for the doors I do not want scheduled.

Kory Skoog

PM/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 13 of 13
ToanDN

@kjskoog wrote:

We are using phasing. Some of the existing doors will remain but just be painted. I am adding the note to the schedule for the existing doors. So I am showing existing phase and new construction phase. I did change the phase to show final in the schedule but there are still doors scheduled that are not in any views. I may try to add a shared parameter for the doors I do not want scheduled.

Kory Skoog

PM/BIM Manager

You don't need a shared parameter for this task.  Simply select all the door you want to be in the schedule and enter "to be scheduled" in the Comments filed, then filter your schedule using Comments: value equal "to be scheduled".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report