Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove camera move from undo / redo

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
quentin.andreotti
308 Views, 6 Replies

Remove camera move from undo / redo

Hello,

I absolutely need to remove camera movement from undo / redo command history. Often you need to zoom out to see the reel effect of a change, especially in a software like revit were things can be linked and move with each other. So zooming out before doing undo / redo is necessary. Now the camera is moving back to its position every time I undo or redo something. It's not possible to work this way!

Thanks,

q

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Would the Rewind Tool suffice? It works like an Undo just for Zooming.

Navigation Bar > Navigation Wheel

jay_colcombe_3-1695907875861.jpeg

jay_colcombe_1-1695907703313.png

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 7

A camera is an actual element in Revit. You place it and you can move it, rotate it, etc, meaning all of those actions can be undone or redone, as they should be. If you want a locked view, I'd suggest placing one camera and leaving it, and then use another camera while you're working on something.

Message 4 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: quentin.andreotti

Why are you using a camera instead of the normal view navigation tools which are not included in undo's?

Message 5 of 7

Hello,

Sorry for the misleading writing. I don't use cameras, I just pan and zoom in a viewport. But the view changes with undo and redo. And I need the undo/redo command not to affect the view port. Neither the "esc" key when canceling something.

I hope it is more clear this way.

thanks

Message 6 of 7

Thank you for the explanation.

This has been mentioned before on the Revit (and AutoCAD) forums Frequently, i suggest you add to the Ideas community for consideration in future updates as you will see new updates and release not includes features from the Ideas Board.

☑ Undo/Redo Affect Screen Area And Zoom - Autodesk Community

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 7 of 7

greaaaat, in other word i can put it where i think. Autodesk again.

Oldschool bosses don't know what's a good software. If it was my choice I wouldn't use autodesk. I hope it'll change sometimes and that people will stop using the ones that are stuck in the past.

Thanks anyways.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators