Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Wall Type

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
277 Views, 4 Replies

Reg: Wall Type

Hi,

Good day,

I would like to know in the Revit walls are should made by with finish layer as per specifications/inputs from client , else that finishes are should made by separate wall. which method gives best result in the project as well as more beneficial for the project stakeholders.

For your understanding:

Block wall having  200mm thick, plaster thick 15mm for both side. In revit What should i do ?

Please advice.

Thanks

Pearl K S

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

I would normally build them within one wall type. Edit the type's structure and add these layers to core and finishes, respectively. There are conditions where you would need the finish layer as a separate wall. But let's not go there just yet.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks . Its ok for wall finish for all rooms . But in this case One room have a different kind of finishes exterior interior respectively. Kindly suggest
Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

Create a different wall type and build the finish layers as they are supposed to be.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I agree with Toan, most often, combine the layers into one wall type. However, generally, to help you determine when to separate the finish layers from the core, I often think about how it will be built and if those finish layer is dependent on the core. 

For example, a simple timber stud walls NEEDS lining, and so often it is part of the wall type. However a concrete or blockwork lift shaft walls, don't NEED lining, however we often choose to add lining as the preferred interior finish, so I normally model this as a separate wall type. This also has the advantage of being able to isolate, setout and dimension structural cores etc. 

I find wall type decisions need a reasonable amount of foresight before creating them for a project. There is a balancing act though with not creating too many wall types that it becomes difficult to document and communicate intent. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators