Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing same detail on both plan and section

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2361 Views, 10 Replies

Referencing same detail on both plan and section

Hi All,

I have create call-out detail on elevation and would like to reference the same detail call-out on my plan, is there a way to do that? So let's say, me detail on elevation is Sheet A-2.0/dwg 5, I would also like to add a A-2.0/dwg 5 call-out on plan.

I know how to add a detail call-out on plans using the Section views but it would generate a new detail rather than referring to the same detail.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alan.johnson1970
in reply to: Anonymous

Duplicate the detail view

Right click on the detail view in Project Browser and duplicate with detailing

Then rename as required and place on the other sheet.

AJ.
Message 3 of 11
martijn_pater

Create new callout and under modify --> Reference Other View --> create drafting view

Just was looking for view to drafting view conversion, never done it but I think you need to print&insert into project: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/converting-detail-view-to-drafting-view/m-p/...

Message 4 of 11
Sahay_R

@Anonymous if you want to place a reference to the same detail in multiple different views - you can place a Reference view. 

View>>Section / Callout / Elevation>>check the Reference Other View checkbox>>pick the view you wish the tag to reference from the resulting drop down.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

Sahay - can you reference an elevation call-out from a plan view? 

Message 6 of 11
Sahay_R

If you try to place a Callout in a Plan view - it will reference other plan views. 

If you place an elevation in a plan view - it will reference other elevations.

They will look for views of the same type. For cross-type visibility, I would suggest converting the live view into a drafting view. To do so - open the view, export it to DWG, import it into a drafting view. DO NOT EXPLODE. Use the Pick lines tool to convert the DWG and make it Revit friendly. Purge out the imported DWG and it's attendant garbage ruthlessly.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, I'm aware of that, but the OP wanted to reference an elevation callout from a plan view.

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

Use View Reference to place the callout and manually draw extra graphic such as a callout boundary.
Message 9 of 11
martijn_pater

@Sahay_R How is that not exactly what I mentioned above?

@AnonymousThat's a nice way to do it. Didn't think of that, that's a lot easier.

Message 10 of 11
barthbradley

Create new callout and under modify --> Reference Other View --> create drafting view

@martijn_pater: just messing with you.   😉

Message 11 of 11

🙂 Well, as long as it answers the question...
ps. still like Toan's answer the best, as you can reference model views this way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report