Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference View section tail disappears

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tj6TCQ5
426 Views, 4 Replies

Reference View section tail disappears

So, I'm creating a section callout using the section head and selecting a view reference. The wall section is similar here.

When I initially place it, the callout shows up so long as I don't extend the tail past a certain unknown elevation, well above my top of slab . I can see the section callout and adjust it, but the moment it extends or is moved past a certain elevation, it always disappears.

Because it is only a view references, shouldn't I be able to extend it and move it any way I want? The view it is referencing extends above and below what the callout does. I need the tail to extend down to the same level as the adjacent  wall sections.

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tj6TCQ5
in reply to: tj6TCQ5

Screenshot 2023-01-12 151334.png

 This screen shot is the best i can do to show. There's an NDA on the project. The moment I nudge the selected view reference down, it disappears.

Message 3 of 5
ToanDN

Can you show a screenshot when it appears and another when it's gone?

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley

Sounds like you want to enlarge the Annotation Crop.  No?  

..or maybe just turn it off? 

Message 5 of 5
tj6TCQ5
in reply to: barthbradley

Annotation crop is the dashed line in the screenshot. It doesn't even get close to it. But that was the answer.

Apparently it is considering if the tail end is swapped with the Head option and if that extends beyond the annotation crop.

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report