Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference lines in adaptive family

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zhelun.zhu
416 Views, 4 Replies

Reference lines in adaptive family

Hello everyone,

 I noticed this issue during the form creation with reference lines in an adaptive family.

In particular, I have used a parameter to control the dimension of the profile along the reference lines and as you can see, there are two different behaviour for the resulting geometry (opened or closed path). I didn't expect this kind of problem since no model lines has been used.

Has anybody else met this proble before? Did I do anything wrong?

bandicam 2022-01-27 23-03-34-241_4.gif

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: zhelun.zhu

@zhelun.zhu wrote:

Hello everyone,

 I noticed this issue during the form creation with reference lines in an adaptive family.

In particular, I have used a parameter to control the dimension of the profile along the reference lines and as you can see, there are two different behaviour for the resulting geometry (opened or closed path). I didn't expect this kind of problem since no model lines has been used.

Has anybody else met this proble before? Did I do anything wrong?

Open or closed path is not the issue. The issue only pertains to path with 2 points.  To fix it, place a profile at each end of the ref line instead of a single profile in the middle, then select the two profiles, NOT the path, to create form.

ToanDN_0-1643325305715.png

ToanDN_1-1643325371874.png

Message 3 of 5
RDAOU

@zhelun.zhu 

Depends on what is being modeled and how is it expected to behave or be used. Solutions vary, Using Nested Profiles, using repeaters on a divided path to make the loft more sturdy...etc

But also in a case similar to what you demonstrated simply Locking the profile might suffice

Adaptive_Lock Profile.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley

Lock Profile1.pngLock Profile2.png

Message 5 of 5
zhelun.zhu
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you ! that's what i was looking for ! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report