Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCP (Ceiling Plans)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rkernPBQSM
3129 Views, 4 Replies

RCP (Ceiling Plans)

I have a pretty simple question I can't figure out.  Using Revit 2018, if I create a project with the Construction Template, put some walls in, and then put a ceiling in, you can't see/find the ceiling in the Ceiling Plan Level 1.  But doing the same thing using the Architectural Template, then it works as you would expect.  We reviewed the views visibility settings, view range, etc., and ensured it matches.  What are we missing that the Construction Template shows no ceiling plan? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: rkernPBQSM

Very Strange. View Range function is the same between Templates.  I got to ask: Are you sure you are comparing two RCP views, and not an RCP with a Floor Plan that was duplicated and named "Ceiling Plan".   

View Range.png

...and the Category is turned on?

Message 3 of 5
cbcarch

In addition to what you have already investigated,

in your Construction Template-generated Project,

Check:

-RCP View Discipline

-RCP View Phase Filters

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 4 of 5
rkernPBQSM
in reply to: cbcarch

We confirmed this on several Revit workstations here in the office.  No walls for RCP view when using a Construction Template, but works fine with Architectural Template.  Takes about 1 minutes to test this, just open Revit, start a new project, place the walls, and go over to the Ceiling Plan Level 1 (same level as the walls).  The walls will NOT show in the Construction Template project.  

Did confirm same RCP view

RCP View Discipline = Architectural for both

RRCP View Phase Filters = Show All for both

I feel like we are missing something very basic.  

Thanks for the suggestions.  

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

For Design the Construction Template is worthless.  It's basically good for linking in models for viewing.  So if you are in Design....delete it. Get rid of it...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report