Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ramp with shape

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Soytei
3262 Views, 16 Replies

ramp with shape

Hi, could somebody help me to do this ramp.

the ramp starts in the blue line and is going up 350mm to the door level but as you can see the shape is weird.

could somebody show me how to do it.

MANCHESTER.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
ToanDN
in reply to: Soytei

You can create a floor with slope.
Message 3 of 17
Soytei
in reply to: ToanDN

I did it but the floor only was adapted to the floor level in the head of the slope,

thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 17
Sahay_R

Build a family. Rectangular extrusion with slope. Cut out the curve using a void.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 17
chrisplyler

More information is necessary. If I assume that the floor/slab/ramp/whatever hits 0 offset right at the door...I need to know a negative offset value for some other point. Then I put a slope arrow from the door to that point, set the door (tail or head of arrow, depending on which way you draw it) to 0 offset and the other end of the arrow to the desired negative value.

Of course, this results in a single planar slope, which I'm guessing isn't really appropriate for this situation. I'm guessing you actually want a radial slope out from the inner radius, or perhaps even several differently sloped areas. So it's a more complex geometry that you may want to build as an in-place mass, or at the very least use a variable-thickness floor and set/adjust elevation control points around it as appropriate.

Message 6 of 17
Soytei
in reply to: chrisplyler

There is not a negative value. I use 0 for my GF level, and negative values for the street levels. Anyway many thanks for your help. I think that should be a proper way to do this but the trick proposed in the post above yours is easy and fast. I'll appreciate if you can propose a different solution.

Thank you

Message 7 of 17
ToanDN

@Soytei

To clarify, is the ramp the grey patch in front of the door (push side)?

Message 8 of 17
Soytei

Hi,

The ramp is between the blue line to the door, all the white area is the ramp...

Thanks for your help

Message 9 of 17
ToanDN

Okay so you meant the Cyan curve outside the door. There is a horizontal blue line inside so I just needed to confirm. Will look when I get to the computer but I am pretty sure it can be done with a floor.
Message 10 of 17
Soytei

IMG_20170420_123823.jpg

here is the ramp, thanks for your help

Message 11 of 17
chrisplyler

That isn't going to be a true single-slope plane. At least not in real life.

Depending on exactly how accurate you need your Revit model to be, you'll want to create a mass with actual smoothly transitioning top surface. Or, if you're like me and would accept facets (and heck maybe that's how the field guys would trowel it anyway), then a variable floor as I show below.

Message 12 of 17
Soytei
in reply to: chrisplyler

Many many thanks for your help, this is precision is enough for me. thanks for your patience and video

Message 13 of 17
chrisplyler

Glad to help.

Message 14 of 17
ToanDN

This is created using a mass and roof by face because floor by face did not pick up non planar surface.

Capture.PNG

Message 15 of 17
chrisplyler

Why would you apply a roof-by-face to the mass? Why not just let the mass itself represent the slab? Does it create some problems?

Message 16 of 17
ToanDN

So that it can be changed to a different compound roof type, or joined geometry with other elements.
Message 17 of 17
chrisplyler

I see. That makes sense, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report